Toronto, ON, October 15, 2012 – The next time you think your spouse is playing a game on their phone, you may want to sneak a peek. Online affair service AshleyMadison.com
polled 48,460 of its affair-seeking men and women and reveals today an astounding 86% of its female membership use their mobile phones to coordinate liaisons and connect with their affair partners. Even more shocking, and for husbands to take note of, is that a daring 64% of women log on when they are in the same room as their spouse!
“Technology has had and continues to have a huge influence on female infidelity. Women use their smart phones to stay connected and keep track of daily activities so it’s only natural they use it to plan their affairs as well,” says Noel Biderman, founder and CEO of AshleyMadison.com. “We were not surprised to learn that 87 percent of those surveyed admitted that our mobile app makes it easier to have an affair, and more importantly, to achieve the discreteness. My guess is that Apple is also benefitting from the demand that infidelity manufactures.”
AshleyMadison.com’s biggest growth demographic is women between the ages of 25 and 34, an age range that relies heavily on technology for business, and to keep in touch with their families, friends, and even affair partners. Noel adds, “For working women, mobile phones have simplified cheating; from business travel to even just going to and from work, they can connect with lovers discretely on their phone. And for the stay-at-home moms, the option of logging on through the phone offers more discretion than using the family computer.”
If we can give men one wake-up call, it is to keep an eye on their wives during the early evening hours, a time when it is likely they are both sitting in the same room. 12% of female members admitted to logging on to AshleyMadison.com post dinner and with 64% logging on when they are in the same room as their husbands. However, according to the survey, the number one time when women check their account on their phone is in the morning between 9 and 11 a.m. with 33% admitting to doing so.
The survey reveals more interesting data:
Who uses their mobile phone to coordinate affairs and log onto AshleyMadison.com:
· 86% women
· 70.3% men
Time of day when members log on to AshleyMadison.com on their Mobile Phone:
· Women: morning (9-11 a.m.) 33%; afternoon (1-4 p.m.) 16%; early evening after dinner 12%
· Men: afternoon (1-4 p.m.) 36%; late at night 15%; morning (9-11 a.m.) 14%
Those who have logged on in the same room as spouse?
· Women: yes 64%
· Men: yes 37%
Has the AshleyMadison.com mobile site made having an affair easier?
· Women: yes 82.8%
· Men: yes 55.7%
Do you use AshleyMadison.com to arrange affairs during business travel?
· Women: yes 41%
· Men: yes 68.4%
Go to AshleyMadison.com
- 115 NC government e-mails connected to AshleyMadison, 9 in Charlotte - FOX 46 Charlotte
- What Would Have Protected The AshleyMadison Hack Victims? - FileHippo News
- Lawsuit filed over AshleyMadison.com hacking - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Leaked AshleyMadison Emails Suggest Execs Hacked Competitors - Krebs on Security
- AshleyMadison: $500K Bounty for Hackers - Krebs on Security
- AshleyMadison.com faces $578mn possible Canada lawsuit after hacking - The Indian Express
- Search for cheaters is on now that hacked data from AshleyMadison.com is available - FOX31 Denver
- Local Fallout From AshleyMadison.com Data Breach - Valley News Live
- AshleyMadison.com -- Hackers Blow Cover On 32M Cheaters - TMZ.com
- Josh Duggar among names revealed in AshleyMadison.com hack - WTSP 10 News